In the job description are
1. Job title: A320 captain
2. Job location: Royal Brunei Airlines
3. Job summary: The Captain is usually a veteran pilot and has the crucial responsibility of his aircraft and passengers, even when his First Officer is in control of the aircraft. The Captain also has the power to disruption any rules if it becomes an essential in an emergency condition.
4. Who to report: Report to the manager of controlling the company.
5. Working condition: can be work flexible time as they are required at any time as per request by the manager.
6. Job duties: the captain responsibility are the safety of the aircraft, passengers, crew and cargo. The captain will check the flight dispatchers and meteorologist and plan to cover the fuel supply.
7. Benefits: Accommodation allowance, education allowance, leave, medical, insurance, privilege travel, contract and school passage benefits, car loan and etc.
In the job specification are
1. Qualification: Class 1 medical, English proficiency, have basic info on all aircraft types, maximum of age 60 years old.
2. Experience: Can use the any type of aircraft.
3. Training: will be provided 9 months on using the equipment that are new.
4. Skills: able to communicate in many languages of foreign.
5. Responsibilities: to inspect on the aircraft before takeoff, keep in communication with air traffic control and etc.
6. Emotional: be able to difference the emotional in working and home environment.
7. Characteristics: can be charismatic on customer when they are need help. They must be on time to go to work.
8. Working time: they be able to work on flexible time as they can be called at any time.
Describe the main employability, personal and communication skills required when applying the specific roles, you identified in (A)(P2).
The employability skill is the skill that individual to make them employable, employers often outline a set of skill that they want from an employee.
The personal skill is the ability to do well in or complete or proficiency.
The communication skill is the able to talk proficiency as foreign language so they are able to talk to their foreign customer.
Employability skill in captain pilot,
Teamwork is about able to work together with the people who you work with or come into contact with any organization, volunteering is also good part of teamwork. When applying this in the job roles they are important so that the crew will listen to any instruction given by the captain.
2. Initiative and enterprise
Initiative and enterprise is able to make improvements or create creative way things. They are able to look at bigger picture. In the job roles they must be able to create way so that the customer isn’t afraid on taking their airplane as their commute to travel around the world.
3. Planning and organizing
Planning and organizing are like working out about things that are required to get a job done and planning on how you will do it. In the job roles they must be able to organized their schedule so that they would not be clash with the working time and be punctual for the planning that have been set.
Self-management is getting on work without someone having to check up and also be done the work before deadline and delegate task to other people to make sure things get done on time. In the job roles they must be working on by themselves to make sure the safety of the passengers without worrying them.
Learning is to understand new thing, be able to pick them quickly, able to take on new task and adapt to the way things are done if the workplace change. In the job roles they must be able to learn new things as the airplane are frequently change.
Technology able to use on specific technology, knowing to use a computer and knowing programming language. In the job roles they must be able to work on the technology that may be not available in the country.
Personal skills in captain pilot.
1. Critical Thinking
Critical thinking are the employees that able to solve problem by using a creative way and using analysis. As this in job roles because they are need to think creative way to communicate with the passenger if there is happening of emergency landing or any type of emergency.
2. Problem solving
Problem solving are the good for employers as they can effectively make decisions and keeping their emotion stable. In the job roles are responsible for the emergency landing and keeping his emotional straight as not as panic like the passenger.
3. Flexible and dependable
Flexible are the employee ability to adapt to the changes of the environment as they may be change due to the economically or environmentally. In the job roles are because they need to be flexible on their management of time as they can be called at any time as they can be replacing for other pilot.
4. Interpersonal skills
Interpersonal skills are the employee able to communicate and interact to other people around you. The best is they can get well along with others employers, colleagues and clients. In this job roles are required so that they able to work as a family when they transporting passengers from one city to another.
Motivated skills are the employee seek towards positive and passionate about jobs and are motivated. They are individuals tend to put most effort to work and learn from mistakes and failures. In job roles they must be motivated to do their job as they are important for any airlines.
Listening are the best skills for employee as they are most reliable for the communicate to be effective. They required in the job roles so that the employer or passengers or working colleagues understand the information being given.
2. Clarity and concision
Clarity and concision are the skill for employee to be able to communicate clearly and directly so that the receiver of the communication are able to understand. This required in job roles because they will send the information that are required to be inspect correctly.
Confidence are the skill that must be confident to interact with others. This are required in job roles as they must be confident to talk to passengers and crew members as they can listen to the information being given.
Respect are skill that communicate with manner as they are talking to higher monocracy. This required in the job roles so that they will respect the manager or the CEO of the airlines.
Feedback are skill that give the answer not to rude or appropriate for the receiver to receive. This required in job roles as they must be sending report for the job they have done such as flight schedules.
Assess the importance of employability and personal skills in the recruitment and retention of staff in your selected organization. (M 2)
The important of employability in the recruitment staff is to ensure they are well manner and well behave so that the business will run smoothly.
For employability skill on teamwork are important so that they will work together, this will help to give the best output as they are working together. There are important for employee able to work well with their colleagues. For the staff it helps to work together and get the best work done faster. If the team work doesn’t work well with the employee this will affect the organization to work independently.
For employability skill on initiative are important as they able to take on the opportunity and ability to take thing independently. This is important for employer as they need to take risk or opportunity. If they are initiative on their work or unable to take risk this will occur the organization to be having dispute.
For employability skill on planning and organizing are important as they are able to reorganize and planning in future event as there are important to the organization. This are import for employer to see because this can show how the employee are working progress and information. If the planning and organizing are well enough the employee may not contribute to their work due to have more issue on their personal life.
For employability skill on self-management are import because they must be able to control their emotion and their state of their mind. This are important for employer as they are working with normal emotion not the not normal emotion such as their always angry which will affect the image of the organization.
For employability skill on learning are important because they essential things for every employee because they need to learn for new things for them to work well in organization. This are important for employer to see on how fast the employee able to catch on for them to work well in the organization. If learning isn’t working well this will affect the output of the organization.
For employability skill on technology are important because in the 21st century is the most advance technology era as there are rapidly increase due to the demand needed in this era. The employee must have the motivate to learning or grow with the knowledge of using technology for them to work well. If they don’t know on how to use the technology they might be not useful for the organization.
For personal skill on critical thinking are important because there is some time needed to think for some people but the organization need the people that can think for a short period to get the answer for. The important for the employer is to get the time consuming less as there are important in every organization. If the employee can’t do critical thinking this will take their job / task to be done in a long period of time.
For personal skill on problem solving are important because they need the person that be able solve problem or create way to solve it as fast as possible. This are important for the employer to hire the employee with the ability to make the company run efficiently. If the employee can’t able to do solve problem this will affect the organization as they aren’t progressive enough.
For personal skill on flexible and dependable are important because they are need to be able or willing to do the task being given. This are important for the employer to hire with the employee that able to do work without any complain and willingness to do. If the employee isn’t flexible enough this will affect the output as they won’t work with others.
For personal skill on interpersonal skill are important because they are being able to control her/his emotion so it won’t interfere with the job or task given. This is important for the employer because there need workers that are working skill with no problem interfere his/her job. If the interpersonal skill isn’t well enough this will affect the work that given to the organization.
For personal skill on motivated are important because they must be doing the work with a motivation as they can increase the profit/ sales of the organization. This is important for the employer to see weather are the employee put an effort to their job or not. If the employee isn’t motivated enough they won’t do their work well as they aren’t giving their best for the organization.
Using the selected company in (a), Describe the main physical and technological resources required in the operation of your selected organization. (P 3)
Physical resources are the thing (resources) which you can touch, feel, move, smell etc. there are the resources that made by man and help our daily activities much easier and fasters.
Technological resources are the software for the computer which are can’t be physically touch. This is important because this make the job done and at ease and recorded the data to keep it protected.
1. The building is required in the organization because this are where the customer and workers will be working on and place to stay by to wait for the plane to come. This are important in the organization as they can be place for airplane to stop and boarded the passengers to take off.
2. The airplane is required in the organization because it transport the customer to aboard using the air transportation. This is important for the organization because it’s the main services that provided from the organization.
3. The hangar is required in the organization because there is the place where the airplane is on taxi or parking. This is important for the organization because this is the place where the plane can be park with safety and to maintenance the airplane.
4. The land strip is required in the organization because there are for the airplane to land or to take off. This is important for the organization because this are where the airplane will land or take off from the building that they are boarding the customer.
5. The computers are required in the organization to organize the planning of the flight in the organization. This is important for the organization because it help reorganize the planning schedule for the other airplane to land or to take off.
1. Software to train pilot is required in the organization to teach the pilot on how to use the airplane in real life. This help to stimulate the pilot on how to pilot the airplane in real life. This is important in the organization to train their captain on the new technology implemented to new airplane.
2. Software to detect the airplane is required in the organization to organize the schedule in advance. This is important in the organization because it help on detecting the nearby airplane to where there are supposed to landing or take off.
3. Software that calculate the percentage of people is required in the organization to know what time the workers or customer are on peaking point. This help to know when there is heavy traffic. This is important in the organization because they know if their worker is working in time or not and knowing when is the most people visited in the organization.
4. Website for purchasing the ticket is required in the organization to help the on customizing the needs for customer to get to aboard without needing to go to counter. This is important because this will give the satisfaction for the customer and not consuming their time very much.
Explain how the management of human, physical and technological resources can improve the performance of your selected organization and provide suggestions on how you would evaluate managing resources and controlling budget cost can improve the performance of the business. (M1 & D 1)
Human resources department is in charge for numerous people related matters in an organization. they are in control for the process of employing appropriate candidates for the organization, they also ensure the benefit of employees relations is very positive.
Physical resources are the things within an organization that are tangible (substantial). These are need to help the business expand, development and improve.
Technological resources are different from physical resources because they can’t be touch, this can be call intangible.
To improve the human resources their capability on the technology must be improve so that they can improve their productivity for it to give best performance. The will evaluate the resources quite well fast as they can produce much more productivity. This can be control as they are sometimes expensive for the technology to be bought. They must find technology that can be less expensive for it to investing for future use.
To improve human resources, the human resources manager must be expert not provider, they must be able to listen on how their employee work as there are important for the organization to work well gives out their best performance. This can be control it budget cost by asking the employee on what are the real issue and how to address them at the best possible.
To improve human resources, the human manger always fires the one with less productive as there are not working well. Human resources manager should carefully ask their employee on how to prevent this before it become unable to withstand the problem. The budget cost may control as they can be lower the cost as there are improving their productivity.
To improve human resources, the human manager should learn from external resources instead of wishing for additional headcount. They must be strategically plan on how to use the free agent to work for the organization. This will help to control budget cost by a lot because it not using the required human forces.
To improve human resources, the human manager must plan on how the work must be efficiently rather than go fast or go to slow. They must be able to control the human resources by not giving the instruction to straight forward or not enough information. This will lead to the cause of being miss understand or lazy to do their work. To control the budget cost by investing less capital for the human resources to give the opportunity for the employee to work hard.