- What happens when a program is executed?
- What is program execution cycle?
- Where is a program stored and executed?
- Where is a program stored when it is not currently running?
- What is meant by execution of an instruction?
- Which is first cycle of program execution?
- How a program is executed in a computer?
- What are the steps of program execution?
- When a program is executed it is called as?
- Is a program under execution?
- What else is a command interpreter called?
- Which is the correct order of program execution cycle?
What happens when a program is executed?
Once the program begins execution it is entirely copied to the RAM.
Then the processor retrive a few instructions (it depends on the size of the bus) at a time, puts them in registers and executes them..
What is program execution cycle?
The main job of the CPU is to execute programs using the fetch-decode-execute cycle (also known as the instruction cycle). … When a program is being executed, the CPU performs the fetch-decode-execute cycle, which repeats over and over again until reaching the STOP instruction.
Where is a program stored and executed?
The CPU. The CPU is the heart of the computer. A program is a sequence of instructions stored in main memory. When a program is run, the CPU fetches the instructions and executes or follows the instructions.
Where is a program stored when it is not currently running?
Where is a program stored when it is not currently running? In secondary storage, typically a hard disk.
What is meant by execution of an instruction?
1. instruction execution – (computer science) the process of carrying out an instruction by a computer. execution. physical process, process – a sustained phenomenon or one marked by gradual changes through a series of states; “events now in process”; “the process of calcification begins later for boys than for girls”
Which is first cycle of program execution?
The first two steps are usually referred to as the fetch phase and the step 3 is known as the execution phase. Fetch cycle basically involves read the next instruction from the memory into the CPU and along with that update the contents of the program counter.
How a program is executed in a computer?
The CPU executes a program that is stored as a sequence of machine language instructions in main memory. It does this by repeatedly reading, or fetching, an instruction from memory and then carrying out, or executing, that instruction.
What are the steps of program execution?
Linker generates the executable module of a source program. Loader loads the executable module to the main memory for execution. Linker takes the object code generated by an assembler, as input. Loader takes executable module generated by a linker as input.
When a program is executed it is called as?
A program in execution is called a process.
Is a program under execution?
Explanation: We know that a computer program is a set of instructions to be executed. And if the instructions are in execution, then it is called as process. In brief, a program in execution is called as process.
What else is a command interpreter called?
Command interpreter is an important part of any operating system. It provides an interface between the user and the computer. A command interpreter is often also called a command shell or simply a shell.
Which is the correct order of program execution cycle?
This process consists of three stages: fetching the instruction, decoding the instruction, and executing the instruction – these three steps are known as the machine cycle. A processor spends all of its time in this cycle, endlessly retrieving the next instruction, decoding it, and running it.